Auld Lang Syne







Courtesy of http://raspberryroaddesigns.net

Auld Lang Syne is the second best-known song in the world (the best known is Happy Birthday to You). Written by Robert Burns. 


George Thomson's version - 1799
From Wikipedia : Robert Burns sent a copy of the original song to the Scots Musical Museum with the remark, “I did not write this song, I merely copied it. The following song, an old song, of the olden times, and which has never been in print, nor even in manuscript until I took it down from an old man".[5] 

 Interesting information on the song and meaning and comparrisons here


As my year, my decade comes to a close, one looks back almost automatically.  This past year has been one of change in almost ever facet of my life.  As my life has transformed, I have ridden the transformation like sufer on the ocean.  Sometimes getting bowled over, sometimes at the heights of the rush, other times in dire terror of what was to come, and still other times with the smooth paddling out to ride yet another.


As Y2K approached, I never would have dreamed the changed that 10 years has brought.  It of course leads me to wonder about 2020 and the next decade of change.  May I continue to ride the waves and learn from to collect more joy than salt water.  

For you, I wish that 2010 will hold a surprise.  Something you never dreamed of, and yet will be grateful for all the rest of your life. 

May the new beginning allow us to close books, start anew, recommit, reshuffle, rejoice. 

Happy 2010. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fluid time; static time and flow.

Reconsiderations and Ministrations

It Is What It Is